Recognized as Top Location for Startup Ventures
What does it mean to be one of America’s Most Inventive Cities?
Newsweek’s The Daily Beast ranked Fremont No. 2 on its prestigious list, noting that one out of every 100 residents holds a patent. That’s some serious brain power at work.
It stands to reason that startups would gravitate toward existing innovation, which explains why Fremont was ranked the No. 1 city for tech startups per capita in the United States. According to SizeUp.com, Fremont has more than 21 tech startups for every 100,000 residents.
East Bay entrepreneurs looking to foster this culture of innovation and lend a helping hand or listening ear should look no further than Fremont’s Startup Grind chapter. Monthly meetings at EFI include actionable advice from successful entrepreneurs who have been in your shoes as well as networking opportunities to grow alongside other startups in your same stage of business. Upcoming events can be found here.
We’ve Got What You Need
From your initial idea to putting your product in the hands of customers, Fremont has the infrastructure to support you: flexible space for corporate headquarters, R&D manufacturing and innovative co-working facilities aimed at meeting smaller space requirements while entrepreneurs incubate new ideas.
Some interesting points to note:
- Fremont is home to more than 1,200 innovative firms, including growing clusters of clean tech companies and biotech companies.
- Fremont has 40 million square feet of industrial space — that’s 63 percent of all R&D inventory in the East Bay area.
- Companies in Fremont have received more than $1 billion in venture capital in recent years. There’s something to be said for the line, “Go where the money is.”
- Plans are brewing for an Innovation Cultivator in the Warm Springs Innovation District that will be dedicated to serving early-stage startup companies.
- Fremont knows how to expedite and ease the business development process. Plus, we provide startup tax incentives, impact fee reductions, and no Utility User Tax. See here for the many ways we can help.
Let’s talk about this last point for a moment.
We recognize at your stage of growth, you don’t have a VP of facilities to handle the logistics tied to deciding on an office space or location.
Rather than fill out paperwork – not our favorite “sport” either – call Fremont’s Economic Development team and explain what you’re after.
We’ll do our best to make it happen.
You want to be surrounded by like-minded people who aren’t satisfied with the status quo.
How about being in a city that embraces innovation as a mantra?
Such entrepreneurial spirit in a City doesn’t happen by chance. Toward this end, we commissioned an Innovation Scorecard to ensure that we’re making decisions and taking actions that result in an environment where startups flourish.
Again, we encourage you to talk our Economic Development Staff to get the ball rolling.