Act Today. Prepare for Tomorrow. COVID-19 Guidance for Employers, Workers, and Businesses
The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak is an unprecedented economic event with inevitable disruptions to businesses across virtually all industries. The effects on our local, national, and global economies will be temporary and transitory, and businesses must put contingency plans in place now to mitigate the impact and prepare for recovery.
To assist businesses in this crisis, the City of Fremont Economic Development Department has assembled detailed information, websites, and best practices for our business community to help lessen the pandemic’s negative effects on your business.
Please bookmark COVID-19 Business Resources Page as it will be continuously updated with new information and resources on a local, state and national level as they become available.
Businesses can find information under the following categories:
- Financial Resources: Explore the many national, state, and local financial aid resources available to both businesses and employees alike, including loans, funding, and extensions on payroll taxes.
- Technical Assistance: Receive assistance in preparing loan paperwork for financial programs, business advice, and workshops.
- Labor and Workforce Policies: Implement workforce policies that reduce the spread of COVID-19 by following the best practices and utilizing additional national and local resources as needed.
- Remote Workforce Technology Solutions: Help your employees remote work-from-home and stay connected by offering technology services.
- Tips for Global Manufacturers: Assess and respond to critical operations such as pursuing alternative sourcing strategies and communicating with key stakeholders on change in supply and demand volumes.
- Business Resiliency: Follow best practices such as implementing a crisis response team to keep your business running and minimize problems.
- Staying Informed: Implement the most up-to-date guidance from public health officials.
We’re here to help your business navigate this uncertain time. You can reach our team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and our business hotline at (510) 284-4020.
We are also starting to gather data on the economic impact of COVID-19 on your business. Please share information with us at email@example.com.