Life Sciences Companies Literally Changing the World
Imaging catheters to diagnose heart disease.
Patches that deliver therapeutic treatment through the skin.
Breakthrough drugs for HIV/AIDS treatment.
That’s just a sampling of what’s coming out of the 80+ biotech and medical device companies that call Fremont home. Every day, they’re researching, developing and manufacturing products that improve our lives.
Formula for Success
We gain a particular satisfaction in supporting life science companies. We know they face their own specific business challenges – whether it’s the shortage of experienced technicians or regulatory issues.
Fremont is honed to promote success. For example, Fremont’s Ohlone College is one of four state Applied Biotechnology Centers focused on providing world-class training for a globally competitive biotech workforce.
The City of Fremont was also instrumental in securing a federal grant to build an East Bay biomedical-manufacturing cluster. The East Bay Bio-Medical Manufacturing Network is a three-year program designed to boost the region’s strength in the biotech industry.
The mission of this initiative is multi-fold – fostering existing talent and building a pipeline of students eager to contribute in this life-changing field.
Life Sciences Support
And there’s more:
- A wide range of available sites for your business
- Central Silicon Valley location drawing from the largest pool of educated, highly-skilled workers
- A growing Biotech cluster that fosters interaction, collaboration and connections with local suppliers
- Experience working with the relocation and expansion of life science firms
- City staff available to assist with all City permits
- Valuable help coordinating with local utility providers and regional agencies
We appreciate that tomorrow’s innovations in the life sciences industry have a long lead time to market, which can significantly strain resources. If you’re engaged in biotechnology that’s improving human or animal healthcare or agriculture, your company may be eligible for up to a five-year Fremont Biotech Business Tax exemption.