Our Top 10 Reasons to Celebrate: A Year in Review
Dec 20, 2016
It is said that “you can’t get to where you are going unless you know where you’ve been.” In our case, 2016 was full of ambitious and rewarding journeys. So, in the spirit of holiday reflections, we’re closing out the year out with our “Top 10” reasons to break out the eggnog.
- The City celebrated the completion of Capitol Avenue – the main street in our new downtown.
- Fremont participated in the 1st Bay Area Urban Manufacturing Survey and Summit
- A new Fremont Shopping and Dining Guide was released.
- ReCast City engaged our real estate community and provided recommendations to nurture the Maker Movement in Fremont.
- Lennar broke ground on their 100+ acre project in Warm Springs.
- Ecole 42, a French coding university, chose Fremont for its U.S. location.
- The City approved a microgrid demonstration project with Fremont-based Gridscape Solutions.
- Our BioMedical Manufacturing Infographic made a splash at BIO International.
- Fremont’s StartupGrind chapter celebrated its one year anniversary.
- The Brookings Institution visited Fremont on a tour of Advanced Industry hubs.
We wish you a happy and healthy holiday season. Look for new blog posts beginning again on January 4th, 2017.
-Fremont’s Economic Development Team
Welcome to our blog – Takes from Silicon Valley East! Our view is slightly different here on the east side of the bay – from the Mission Peak backdrop to the advanced manufacturing companies that dot our boulevards. As we become more urban and strive to interpret the business issues affecting our innovation economy, we want to share with you our observations, insights, photos, arguments, agreements, inspirations and CEO interviews – and here on our blog is exactly where we plan to do this.
Warm Springs and Innovation District (14)
Fremont General (59)
Life Sciences (9)
Clean Technology (1)
Economic Development General (64)
Advanced Manufacturing (44)
CleanTech Sustainability (47)
General Economic Development (2)
Silicon Valley (16)